zapatos ugg Sportello on line di inglese Waverley
1. why Fergus Mac lvor shouted news he shouted news because he had known the French Prince Charles Edward had put himself at the head of the advance (lines 36 39).
2. whether Waverley hesitated to follow the chieftain and why: he hesitated to follow Fergus since the prisoner was going to die (lines 41 42).
3. how Fergus reacted at Waverley request: it was only when Fergus understood the dying man was the son of a tenant of Edwards uncle that he sent Callum to help the poor man (lines 47 49).
4. why the Highlanders accepted Waverley conduct: they accepted Waverley conduct since it was a sign of his loyalty and of his attachment to his own people (lines 56 57).
5. the wounded man last words: he prayed Edward to be kind to his old parents on his return to his estate,
and not to fight with those soldiers any more (lines 58 61).
6. what Waverley commanded the young Highlander to do: He commanded the young Highlander to remove the body in to the hut and to hide the cloak under some furze;
then he marked the spot to let the dead man parents recognise the place (lines 64 70).
3 Read the text to the end and complete the following sentences.
1. The melancholic interview with the wounded man made Waverley reflect upon his past actions.
2. The confession of the man let Edward understand that colonel G? had induced the soldiers of his troop to mutiny as a consequence of Edward steps.